Can Air Force officers choose where they are stationed?
During Basic Military Training (BMT), enlisted Airmen will have a chance to list 16 location preferences—up to eight stateside and eight overseas—by base, state, region or country. You also have the chance to list your top eight choices in your order of preference.
Where do most Air Force get stationed?
Top 5 duty stations in the Air Force
- Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
- Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
- MacDill AFB, Florida.
- Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
- United States Air Force Academy, Colorado.
What is the hardest job in the Air Force?
They are on the frontline with the responsibility of calling in airstrikes.
- Fusion Analyst – Digital Network Analyst (1N4)
- Survival, Evasion, Resist & Escape (1T0)
- Rescue Pilot (11H)
- Reconnaissance /Surveillance/Electronic Warfare Pilot (11R)
- Special Operations Pilot (11S)
- Mobility Combat Systems Officer (12M)
What are the best officer jobs in the Air Force?
Jump To An Air Force Officer Job
- #1. Cyberspace Operations Officer.
- #2. Intelligence Officer.
- #3. Pilot /Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot.
- #4. Weather Officer.
- #5. Air Battle Manager Officer.
- #6. Combat Systems Officer ( CSO )
- #7. Security Forces Officer.
- #8. Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Officer.
How long do you have to stay in the Air Force as an officer?
The service commitment for Air Force Officers is four years active-duty service, unless they become a navigator or a pilot. Navigators will incur a six-year service commitment from the date they complete training and are awarded an aeronautical rating.
How long do you stay at your first duty station air force?
First-term (those in their first enlistment) enlisted members assigned to a continental (CONUS) U.S. location must have 12 months time-on-station before being eligible to move to an overseas location and must have 24 months time-on-station before being allowed to move to another continental U.S. location.
What is the best air force base to be stationed at?
#1 – Scott Air Force Base, IL Clair County, Illinois, Scott Air Force Base tops the list of the best Air Force Bases in the U.S. overall. It’s a great base to live on whether you’re single, married, or have kids, as there’s a lot to do in your downtime.
What is the largest US Air Force base in the world?
Fort Bragg The total area of the base is 251 square miles, with the post itself being 19 square miles. With its active and civilian population, Fort Bragg is the largest military base in the world and it’s still growing.
Can I pick my job in the Air Force?
It depends upon your qualifications and what jobs have current/projected openings. If the job you want is not available, your only choices are to choose a different job, or not enlist. The Air Force has divided all of their jobs into four aptitude areas (General, Electronic, Mechanical, and Administrative).
Can you get rich in the Air Force?
The USAF will NOT make you rich. The USAF will NOT make you rich. However, unless you ‘re a fool with your finances, it will make you financially comfortable.
Is Air Force the hardest to get into?
It was separated from the Army Air Corps as part of the National Security Act of 1947. The Air Force is also one of the hardest services to join. That means, each year, some people who want to stay in the Air Force can’t, and many people who want to join the Air Force also can’t.
What jobs in the Air Force travel a lot?
In-Flight Refueling Specialist
- U.S. Air Force: Pilot.
- Today’s Military: Officer Candidate School.
- Base Ops: Air Force Pilot Training.
- U.S. Air Force: Aircraft Loadmaster.
- U.S. Air Force: Airborne Operations Specialist.
- U.S. Air Force: In-Flight Refueling Specialist.
What is the GPA requirement for Air Force officer?
There is currently not college requirement for serving in the U.S. Air Force as an enlisted person. To become an officer the Air Force looks for technical degrees and you should maintain a 3.5 GPA at the least.
What is the highest paying Air Force job?
E-9 Chief Master Sergeant. The highest -paid enlisted rank in the Air Force is the E-9 Chief Master Sergeant (CMSAF).
What are the safest jobs in the Air Force?
Safest Jobs in the Air Force
- Cyber Systems Operator. These airmen are tasked with the especially critical role of cybersecurity for the Air Force.
- Public Affairs Officer.
- Biomedical Equipment.
- Financial Management Technician.
- Paralegal Specialist.
- Dental Specialist.